Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Serial Flash Loader : Can't recognize silicon ID

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi folks, 

I stumbled upon an issue for which I need some answers. 

I am trying to create a .jic file from a .sof for a 5CGXFC7C6F23I. However, in the Quartus "Convert Programming File" tool, I can only choose "5CGXFC7C6" as the device under "Flash Loader", which gives this: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13303&stc=1  

Then, when I try to program the device, I get: 

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Wed Mar 01 16:10:43 2017 Info (209016): Configuring device index 1 Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x02B030DD Info (209007): Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly. Error (209012): Operation failed Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Wed Mar 01 16:10:46 2017  

Would any of you have an idea what's going on? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The naming of the device in the convert files dialog is fine. 

As for using the .jic file, have you first programmed the FPGA with a design that includes the serial flash loader or attached the .jic in the Programmer to a .sof with the SFL design? You can't use a .jic without first putting a design on the FPGA that acts as the go-between JTAG and the configuration device.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

According to the screenshot file (don't know why it has to be renamed to *.png to open it), the programmer configuration is correct. "Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1" would refer to a hardware problem of the flash connection in this case. Has the hardware been verified?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

According to the screenshot file (don't know why it has to be renamed to *.png to open it), the programmer configuration is correct. "Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1" would refer to a hardware problem of the flash connection in this case. Has the hardware been verified? 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you for the information. It indeed seems the flash memory it at cause.
0 Kudos