Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Custom libraries with modelsim and Quartus II 10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to simulate a design that make use of a component and constants in a custom library: 

LIBRARY CommonBlocks; USE CommonBlocks.CommonBlocksPackage.all; ... ncoControl: ENTITY CommonBlocks.GenericNcoControl GENERIC MAP ( ...  

It compiles fine, but when I launch modelsim from Quartus (launch EDA simulation) it give me the following error when it tries to compile the .vho output generated by Quartus: 

--- Quote Start ---  

# ** Error: NcoControlTest.vho(29): Library commonblocks not found. 

# ** Error: NcoControlTest.vho(32): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "commonblocks". 

--- Quote End ---  

Normally I would just compile the CommonBlocks library in modelsim and include it in the simulation project, but it's making use of VHDL 2008 unconstrained array so modelsim won't compile it.  

Is there any way I can get Quartus to compile the used library components into the .vho output or workaround this issue in any way? I can modify the library if needed. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I figure out what the problem was. I had a custom type (non std_logic) that was declared in the CommonBlocksPackage file that I was using in the top-level port. I built a wrapper that mapped the custom type to std_logic and compile that with no issues.

0 Kudos