Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

Build Configurations and Exclude from Build in Eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Has anyone had problems with using Build Configurations or Exclude from Build in Eclipse Ganymede with a Nios software project? I have a project with a test main.c and an operational main.c in different folders. I tried using Exclude from Build to isolate one main.c for a build, but both files still appear to be built which causes a linker error. I also tried defining two Build Configurations, one with each main.c. Still, the same thing happens--both get built. It's almost like the Makefile is not getting refreshed when I change settings. Is this feature supported in the Altera environment and I'm using it wrong or does it just not work? 

Thanks, 

-Brad
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

As you mentioned Eclipse Ganymede, you are using NIOS EDS 9.1. Am I right? 

Despite that the problem you are describing sounds like the not supported feature of the NIOS EDS 10.0. 

The feature exclude from build is not supported anymore and is replaced by remove from niosii build. Because it is an Eclipse feature exclude from build is still displayed

But as noted, this is just a matter in NIOS EDS 10.0. Don't know why you can't do it with your version. 

Maybe you've the feature remove from niosii build as well and it will solve your problem? Though I never used 9.1..... 

Regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I am using 9.1 Build 222. 

Playing around with it a little more has revealed that if I have a single build configuration and I choose a file for Exclude From Build, it updates immediately and all is well. However, when you have multiple build configurations, you can choose which files you want to exclude from which configs--say I want main_test.c for the Test build and main.c for the Operational build. So when I choose my active build, I would expect the file listing to automatically update and exclude the right files, and also update the makefile. Frustratingly, when I choose my active build, nothing happens.
0 Kudos