Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Workspace - NIOS II Eclipse 10.0 versus 8.x

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In 8.x I could have multiple applications and libraries under one workspace. In trying to do the same in 10.0SP1, I get "location cannot be within workspace directory" errors when creating subsequent applications or BSPs (the 8.x "syslib" equivalent). 

It is really nice to have small one-file applications to quickly test or exercise parts of the BSP or the hardware without changing, compiling and loading the full-sized application. 

Do workspaces in 10.0 now only support one application? 

Besides this, I find moving from 8.1 to 10.0SP1 to be very difficult, time consuming and incompletely automated. Plus it includes a learning curve nearly as steep as when I just started with 8.1. I have several applications, 4 syslibs, 2 libraries and a folder with common source code and includes all in one workspace and it was really easy to build multiple products and as well as create test applications as needed. And all version controlled under one folder. I hope I didn't lose all of that capability! 

Bill A
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you!!! That was incredibly easy. Too bad the error message isn't in that solution - I would have found it when I was trying to get more information on this error. 

My week ends better now, thanks to you! :) Have a nice weekend! 

Bill
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you 

your thread should pop up on future searchs on Altera.com, so i'm sure it will help others out
0 Kudos