Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Block diagram editor crashes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm new to Quartus II and I've been having problems with the block diagram editor. I'm using Quartus II 10.0sp1 Web Edition with Windows 7 64bit and it crashes quite frequently. Most of the time I don't know the reason.  

There is at least one surefire way to trigger a crash, though. I made a short video about it and copied the resulting stack trace. You can view those from the link below: 

tinyurl . com / 3y3kt85 

(You need to remove the empty spaces. I cant post working links because this is my first post on the forum).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

JJM, 

Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate the crash. I have sent this to the engineer in charge, but I want to encourage you to file a formal ticket with Altera's MySupport. That will allow you to track the issue, and have people contact you if needed. This also allows Altera to track if we have similar issues. This allows us to focus Quality Control in one area or the other as needed. 

Some have complained that MySupport will ask you to clearly show how to reproduce the problem, but you have clearly done so with your video.  

Thanks, 

- David 

Altera
0 Kudos