Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus II in ubuntu

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am starting over with Quartus, the big change is I now use Ubuntu 10.04. After sucessfully installing Quartus II (the key thing was deleting some libx11.so.6 file that kept crashing the process) Quartus II ran like a charm, I loaded my project and code from the flash drive, ( I even put my pinky to to my lip and said "It's good to be evil"). 

Here is the issue, when I started the computer the next morning, Quartuss II was not the the ubuntu "start menu" and I have no idea which file to run to make it work again or create any kind of shortcut to it. I know this is a common sense thing to figure out but I'm stuck.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same under my Kubuntu-machine at home, so I leave a terminal window open at the right directory so I only have to press the up arrow and return. 

My directory is home\altera\10.0\quartus\bin  

I'm not totally sure but it is somethjng like that, of course in stead of home you might have installed it some other place. 

the command is .\quartus
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you should set your QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment and PATH variables appropriately. then you can open a terminal and just type quartus, or setup some kind of KDE/Gnome launch button

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks I've gotten over this obstacle, just trying to get jtag/usb blaster to work now.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i normally use dwesterg's method on this thread (though its not Ubuntu specific): 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207 

make sure you use the latest files posted in the thread
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found this online and it worked for me 

$ sudo mount --bind /dev/bus /proc/bus 

$ sudo ln -s /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices /proc/bus/usb/devices 

$ sudo <quartus_directory>/bin/jtagd 

$ sudo <quartus_directory>/bin/jtagconfig 

$ <quartus_directory>/bin/quartus 

muwhahaha (that's how you type an evil laugh)
0 Kudos