FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

DSP Builder licensing issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have just started using Altera DSP builder. I want to run a demo provided by Altera. However, each time I run it I get the following error: 

"Warning: hardware Generation disabled.  

Failed to obtain a valid license 

Please ensure that your license is in your MATLAB path, or contact Altera to obtain a licensen 

Simulation will continue for evaluation process"  

I got the licenses from Altera. What does license being in the matlab path mean? I tried putting the license in the matlab path through set path. could someone help me how to fix this? Also could you please explain it in simple terms. Thank you
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you need to set your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license that Altera provide. so c:\altera\license.dat or something similar

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes. I set the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license path. I still got the same error.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's a long shot, but does the path to your license file contain spaces? If so move it to a path that doesn't.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My issue is fixed. I was pointing the environment variable to License folder and not the file. 

Thank you
0 Kudos