Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Max II evalutation board - USB port

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I would like to create the simplest method of taking inputs to the MAX II evaluation board via the I/O and then storing logic data derived from the I/O and send it out to a USB drive via the USB blaster port. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

no, the USB Blaster can only be a USB endpoint, not a host (which you'd need to plug in a thumb drive)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, I was worried about that. This is a little more detail of what I am trying to do. I have a small pool of resources but am straped at the moment so am looking to turn the evaluation kit into a small data acquisition unit until I can turn loose the appropriate resources to do a group up development. I would like to buy 10 or so of these kits and pull in some sensor data and maybe CAN bus data, log and store the data for retrieval. 

Any thoughts? Or is this just the wrong way of going about it? I was a engineering manager at another company and the hardware guys loved using Altera PLD's for everything and I want to expose my employees to this instead of just off the selfing expensive inflexible systems.  

thanks
0 Kudos