Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Command line problem in Quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a problem using command line with QUARTUS II tool (I use v10.0 sp1): no command line is recognized.  

For example, when I try to launch "quartus_sh" command (in command window or in tcl console), I get the message: invalid command name "quartus_sh" 

It seems that quartus commands are not recognized at all. 

I have verified that these commands are really present in my installation directory, and they are. 

I think that it is not a big problem to solve, but until now I did not manage to solve it. 

If somebody could help me solving this problem, I would be very nice. 

Many thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should add the directory where the quartus command binaries are stored (C:\Altera\10.1\Quartus\bin, for example) to your PATH environment variable. 

Best regards, 

Ben
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Ben, 

thank you very much for your prompt answer ! 

I just try it and it works ! 

Quartus was well defined in QUARTUS_ROOTDIR environment variable but not at all in PATH one. Have I missed anything during installation process ? maybe ... (I thought that this would be done automatically) 

I did the same for Modelsim (as I had the same command line problem). 

All is ok now. 

Thank you one more time ! :) 

Best Regards 

Joelec
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem with <Error:invalid command name "quartus_sh"> but it is in my path (as %QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin) and I tried typing in directly too. Each time I restarted Quartus. I am using 10.0sp1. 9.1sp2 does not have an issue. If I type "quartus_sh" from the DOS prompt it runs the correct exe just fine.:confused: 

Tim
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you! 

best regards!
0 Kudos