Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

SSRAM Verify failed after adding custom components in SOPC Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I created a system based on the template for the Stratix II Nios Kit. I took the SDRAM away since I don't have a license for that IP Core. I intended to use SSRAM since it's a small project. I compiled in quartus and programmed the FPGA then created a hello world application in Nios IDE and it compiled and run ok. Now when I add custom components in SOPC Builder like PWM and ADC interface, generate, assign pins, compile in quartus, and try to compile in Nios IDE I get verify failed at address 0x01000000. 

I configured unused pins as tristate inputs and triple check pins assignments so I don't know what could be the problem. Can anyone help me please?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

anyone please?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you constrain the memory interface and does your design meet the timing requirements when you compile it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi i have the same problem i'm using an ssram in my design at STRatix II and the rpject compiled successufilly but when i use the NIOS IDE with the project of hello world the project build with no error but when i run it i have this problem 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Pausing target processor: OK 

Reading System ID at address 0x00801040: verified 

Initializing CPU cache (if present) 

OK 

Downloading 00400000 ( 0%) 

Downloaded 53KB in 0.9s (58.8KB/s) 

Verifying 00400000 ( 0%) 

Verify failed between address 0x400000 and 0x40D073 

Leaving target processor paused 

plz some one can help me
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you constrain the memory interface and does your design meet the timing requirements when you compile it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what do u mean by memory interface and yes when i compile i have timing requirements

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By memory interface I mean the FPGA pins that are connected to the memory. You should check that your timing contraints file is correct on those signals.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i chek right now rtl viewer this i the schematic

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

where can i find it i'm new n this

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to familiarize yourself with Timequest. There is a good user guide on the wiki (http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/timequest_user_guide).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thks but i'm limited with time

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is unfortunately no "quick and dirty way" to do this. If you don't have a proper timing, your design may run into problems. Are you using a kit? Aren't there example designs that you can use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes i use stratix ii and i have examples

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then you should start with the examples. If they work and your design doesn't, look for differences between the two, especially around the memory controller and the timing requirements (.sdc files).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the problem is that also when i run with examples like full featrued i have also the same problem

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

are you sure you put the correct .sof file and are compiling with the correct .sopcinfo description? Check also that the address used when downloading the software (0x400000 in the example you gave) is the correct one for your main memory.

0 Kudos