Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Restoring archived Nios II Application & BSP project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I have an archived Nios II project, which includes the following files: 

Application Project directory: 

.c/.h source code & headers 

.project 

.cdtproject 

.cdtbuild 

application.stf 

BSP Project directory: 

.project 

.cdtproject 

.cdtbuild 

system.stf 

As stated in Appendix A of the Nios II Software Developers Handbook, this should be all that is required to reconstruct my BSP & ELF files. The question is "how?" In the Nios II IDE (10.0sp1) I can't find a method to reopen or import these project files without creating a new project and overwriting the existing files. This lead to some BSP configuration issues as you can imagine. 

Thanks! 

Jason
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A follow-on question: are these files specific to the Nios II IDE and if so, can they be imported directly to the Nios II SBT?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved. 

These files are specifically for the Nios2 IDE, not to be confused with the Nios2 Eclipse plugin (a.k.a. Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse). After importing the App and BSP directories into the IDE, and selecting the correct .ptf file, I could build the program without trouble. 

Once built for Debug or Release, I used the nios2-convert-ide2sbt command and rebuilt the project in SBT.
0 Kudos