Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Compilation Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm new with quartus 2 and Verilog and I was following a tutorial (very very easy) that I find with my board... (cyclone II family device) 

With quartus 2 web edition version 7.2 everything was ok, but now with version 10.1 there are many problems... 

when i start compilation, it stops at 50% with this errors 

Error: Selected feature of TimeQuest Timing Analyzer is not available with your current license, or license does not exist 

Error: Current module quartus_asm ended unexpectedly 

I've not set anything in the TimeQuest Timing Analyzer ... 

how can i solve that?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I suspect that you license doe not allow you to run the subscription edition Quartus II 10.1 version. If you open the license file, there should be a feature line something like: 

FEATURE quartus alterad 2010.06 permanent .... 

This is the license feature for Quartus II software. The date field, in this case 2010.06 (June 2010), indicates the date in which you can no longer get updates. So, for example, here it indicates that you can get updates to the software up to June 2010, and subscription release of software after this can not be run, without getting an updated license.  

10.1 was release this month. 

You mentioned web edition for the Quatus II 7.1, but I suspect you installed the subscription edition.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. 

Uhm...The desktop icon's name is : " Quartus II 10.1 Web Edition (32-Bit)" 

and if I go to 

tools-->license setup in "license type" i got "web edition"... 

Someone has other ideas on how to solve the problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The message is strange as TimeQuest is supported with the Web Edition.  

Check to make sure that you are not trying to select the Classic Timing Analyzer. This feature is no longer supported in 10.1. Check your Quartus II project settings file, <proj_name>.qsf.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm getting the same error, even w/new files. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same issue here with version 10.1 on a Windows XP system. Also looking for solution.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know what's wrong, but in a newer pc, I've not this problem...probably something went wrong during installation because hw was too old...(in the old pc the problem persist... and there i'm using again old 7.2 version that works...)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same error. 

WinXP, Quartus 10.1 Web Edition 

First I upgrade from Quartus 7.2 Web Edition to 9.1 Web Edition: 

7.2 projects compile correct under 9.1- but much faster! 

Then I tried out 10.1 Web Edition: 

The same 7.2 project get error during compilation: 

Error: Selected feature of TimeQuest Timing Analyzer is not available with your current license, or license does not exist 

I checked the license setup: 

License File: C:\altera\72\0050BF911FC6__0-351914914023092.dat 

(my Web Edition license file for Quartus 7.2!) 

I thought that newer Versions of Quartus Web Edition don't need a license? 

Maybe this could be the error? 

There are no "Classic Timing" assignments in the project... 

FROEBAST
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

around 8.1 Web Edition stopped requiring a license. try removing your old license from License Setup and try again

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've removed the license file from license setup, restart Win/Quartus and had the same error... 

I create a new Flow Compilation without TimeQuest and start this simple flow. Then Analyzer, Fitter and Assembler run without error, but there ist no new programm file (*.pof) generated and there are no reports generated. 

Any more ideas to fix the problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

Did you enable the talkback feature in order to use more features of the quartus2 10.x?
0 Kudos