Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

C Programming Guide for NIOS - required

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new to NIOS and I am not very efficient with C programming. Also, I can't find much material about how to program NIOS using C/C++. Can somebody share some good handbook or comprehensive tutorial about how to program NIOS using C/C++. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am an amateur to NIOSII and have very thin knowledge with this features. 

Hereby wish to have yours advise how can i start to develop a sound recording and play back system with NIOSII. 

I wish to develop an embedded system that use for sound data analysis with Altera DE2. Microphone is attached to Mic port and the RS-232 is connected to laptop.  

Other than that, i also wish to ask is it a better choice of using NIOSII rather than Verilog HDL for same purpose? Would it be hard to write the FFT code with Verilog HDL as i know that NIOSII work with C programming. 

Do i need license to implement the NIOSII design on my board? 

I do appreciate with more reference or link is provided for me to start the design work. 

Many thanks!
0 Kudos