Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

SOPC Builder error:PTF failed!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody! 

when building Sopc system i get this error: 

Error: Failed to refresh PTF file U:/MY_PROJECT/test/cpu.ptf (-1) 

i use quartus10.1 on win7.I have never had a problem when using quartus on win XP. 

i have uninstalled and install quartus again,but still have the same problem.  

is that a support problem?is there something to do and how can i workaround? 

thank you for replying me.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like a file permission problem to me. Try creating a new simple system from scratch and see if it can access your mapped location correctly.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what do you mean with "file permission problem" ?Is there a way to set this permission? 

Can you help me workaround it? 

sorry i have forgotten a relevant part of this error.The whole error is: 

Error: Failed to refresh PTF file U:/MY_PROJECT/test/CPU.ptf (-1) 

Executing: I:/programme/altera/10.1/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic  

Error: Couldn't run process I:/programme/altera/10.1/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate U:/MY_PROJECT/test/CPU.ptf successfully 

I have tried with an altera design example , but it is the same error : 

Error: Failed to refresh PTF file U:/CYC3/niosii_ethernet_standard_3c25/sopc_system.ptf (-1) 

Info: Finished elaborating PTF file. 

Executing: I:/programme/altera/10.1/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate U:/CYC3/niosii_ethernet_standard_3c25/sopc_system.ptf 

Error: Couldn't run process I:/programme/altera/10.1/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate U:/CYC3/niosii_ethernet_standard_3c25/sopc_system.ptf successfully 

Thank you for answering me!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At that stage it's attempting to write to the .ptf file so if there is a write permission problem then these steps will fail. 

If you navigate to the .ptf file on the mapped drive, right click it, and select properties you'll be able to see the file permissions. It could be set to read only or the machine you are accessing the file from doesn't have write permission to the file. Perhaps Microsoft changed something with network file accessing that is causing this issue (not sure since I typically try to keep my project files local for compilation speed reasons).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have problem like you, so you fix this problem yet?  

Can you help me to fix this problem 

Error: Failed to refresh PTF file 

Executing: C:/altera/91sp2/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate C:/altera/lab_Nios/lab_1/nios_system.ptf 

Error: Couldn't run process C:/altera/91sp2/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate C:/altera/lab_Nios/lab_1/nios_system.ptf successfully 

Error: System generation failed.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have problem like you, so you fix this problem yet?  

Can you help me to fix this problem 

Error: Failed to refresh PTF file 

Executing: C:/altera/91sp2/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate C:/altera/lab_Nios/lab_1/nios_system.ptf 

Error: Couldn't run process C:/altera/91sp2/quartus//sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder --classic --generate C:/altera/lab_Nios/lab_1/nios_system.ptf successfully 

Error: System generation failed.
0 Kudos