Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Installation of 10.1_quartus_free_linux.sh on Ubuntu 10.04

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, 

I have been trying to install the 10.1 free version of quartus on the Ubuntu 10.04 32bit 

The installation for Quartus succeeds but then it fails when trying to install the Device families. 

I have been running the following command and havent patched the install file 

bash ./10.1_quartus_free_linux.sh 

Before this I have tried 

bash ./10.1_quartus_free_linux.sh --no-exec 

There is no libX11.so.* in the 10.1_quartus_free_linux.sh/altera_installer/bin directory 

As such I thought that the installation would succeed. 

The installation proceeds halfway with QPixmap warnings. Then when trying to install some family of devices it fails. I have attached a sample error log. 

Installing Arria II GX Family ... >>> Starting subprocess: /home/chiraag/altera/10.1/quartus/bin/quartus_sh --qinstall -qda "/home/chiraag/ddp/quartus/10.1_quartus_free_linux/altera_installer/bin/../../devices/subscription/arriaii.qda" -show_qt_progress >>> quartus_free install process 20436 finished with status 2 export: 137: 1200.00: bad variable name QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread altera_installer_gui: Fatal IO error: client killed  

After the this the GUI installer crashes. Reading the contents of the /tmp/altera_setup.log gives: 

./altera_installer/setup: line 59: exec: altera_installer_cmd: not found 

Note: Running multiple runs of the installer, I have noticed that it fails on different device families.  

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The link is not clear, can you post the full link

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The link is not clear, can you post the full link 

--- Quote End ---  

Oops, a copy didn't work ../ 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24563&highlight=ubuntu (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24563&highlight=ubuntu)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think the problem in usage dash as shell in scripts. I changed link /bin/sh from "dash" to "bash" and installation pass well.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I cannot speak from experience, but I can confirm from conversation with other users alsilen's post regarding changing the shell from dash to bash in the scripts.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I solved this problem. you must install the ´flashplugin-install´ which the altera_installer_gui needed, I guessed that it really required the adobe flasher supported.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have install "flashplugin-install",and when I run setup from 11.1_173_acds_devices.iso, Consol output those message: 

*** glibs detected *** altera_installer_cmd : double free or corruption(fast top):0x0a24bf78 ***,and the install gui paused,,,,,,, 

0 Kudos