Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

where to find the factory_default.sof for cycloneIII_3c120_dev

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, All 

Could anyone help me to find this pof file: 

cycloneIII_3c120_dev_factory_recovery.pof 

I want to make the c3_3c120_dev_kit to the factory default setting based on the P25-36208-03_cycloneIII_3c120_dev_user_guide.pdf, but i can not find this pof file. 

Pls help me !!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you installed the kit support files it will be in C:\altera\90\kits\cycloneIII_3c120_dev\factory_recovery 

You can find the support files here (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyc3.html), in the available documentation section.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for your reply. Daixiwen. 

I can find several sof and pof files in the factory_recovery folder, but there is no the exactly same file as the "cycloneIII_3c120_dev_factory_recovery.pof". 

If you have, could you send one copy to me ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what files do you have? Are you sure you downloaded the right one from Altera? 

The .pof file is 64MBytes... A bit too big to send.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you ever find that factory recovery file? I'm looking for it too and can't find it

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what files do you have in the factory recovery folder? Did you download the kit support files from the link I gave? If you have the 9.0/9.1 versions, the .pof file should directly be there. 

If you have a newer version, then you'll have a script that will reprogram the flash. The procedure is described in the user guide, chapter "Restoring the Flash Device with the Factory Settings"
0 Kudos