Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

SOPC builder and DPRAM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

High! 

I need to implement a dpram with AVALON on 1 side and a free access for an IP I already have. 

The avalon would be in a write only scheme and the IP in read only. 

But when I put an on chip ram in dp it apparently puts a2nd avalon and not just the other port for free access. Actually I mean simple exported conduits on the port I wish to have non- avalon. 

Any trick or should I put a dummy design that puts the avalon from one side to the other and use a wizzard generated dpram outside the sopc builder? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

K.r. 

Thomas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you don't need great performance, a simple solution could be this. 

Create dpram outside sopc system, with the wizard; then add a tristate bus in sopc builder and connect here one port of the ram.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can also design a custom component with the dual port ram inside, one port connected to an Avalon Slave interface and the other one an export interface that directly exposes the signals.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Cris72 and Daixiwen! 

Thanks for your fast reply. 

Actually I've started implementing Daixiwen's solution. 

This because I've decided to put the whole IP as a custom peripheral. So the DPRAM is only a section of that. 

By the ways it's an I2S interface with a 2K samples buffer. 

Samples are streamed in and out by Ethernet. 

The IP has been used before on an Excalibur EPXA4! 

That was a good one! 

Good day to all of you 

Thomas
0 Kudos