Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

fast adc connect to cyclone ii

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a 250M sample rate ADC ( AD9481 , two 8 bit output channels) connect to cyclone II EP2C8Q208C8 , two of their pins ( DCO+ and DCO-, their clock is 60M) are differential output are connect to differential inputs of EP2C8Q208C8 . When dco+ is raising edge channel 1 data is valid while dco- is raising edge channel 2 data is valid. Under the code below : 

module mux3(dco+,dco-,data1,data2,data3); 

input dco+,dco-; 

input [7:0] data1; 

input [7:0] data2; 

output [7:0] data3; 

reg [7:0] data3; 

reg sela; 

reg selb; 

reg [7:0] data_a; 

reg [7:0] data_b; 

initial begin 

sela = 1'b0; 

selb = 1'b0; 

end 

always @ (posedge dco+) begin 

sela <= ~ selb; // warning, must meet setup/hold 

data_a <= data1; 

end 

always @ (posedge dco-) begin 

selb <= sela; // warning, must meet setup/hold 

data_b <= data2; 

end 

always @ (sela, selb, data_a, data_b) begin 

if (sela^selb) begin 

data3 = data_a; // warning, combinatorial output. 

end else begin 

data3 = data_b; // warning, combinatorial output. 

end 

end 

endmodule 

The question I ask is can the code above function properly as two channels are multiplex and only one channel is selected as output ????
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You would normally use DDIO registers to combine port A and B to a single 250 MBPS signal. Read about the Quartus altddio_in block. But depending on how you want to process the data in your FPGA, you possibly may want to leave both streams apart.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have DDIO out block with LVDS positive pin and negative differential pins (for out clock as input) assignment without success , it said the following error : 

Error: Node "outclock" is used as the input clock of DDIO output registers but does not use global clock ...... 

Can you help me ??
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi everybody 

I wanna recive with the Cyclone II the dates from the outputs pins of the ADC (9481), how can I do it?
0 Kudos