Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NIOS SOPC Migration Issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have found this to be true on several projects... Regenerating an SOPC system with a NIOS in Q9.1 or 10.0 that was origionally created from 9.0 or older simply will not work. I have all sorts of issues with debug tools and code execution. 

This is what we do; 

1) Export or checkout a project from revision control (.ptf .sopc files) 

2) Open the SOPC system then edit each CUL core and re-save 

3) Regenerate SOPC system 

4) Create NIOS software and .hex files 

5) Compile the Quartus project 

As far as I can tell, the only way to make it work is to start from scratch in generating the SOPC sytem... way too much work.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I totally agree. Do you also have connections to external logic or any custom modules? 

apus
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having problems with this too. The SOPC system generates successfully and the FPGA build succeeds, but the sopcinfo file isn't correct and software can't be built. I can generate code using the legacy IDE tools based on the ptf file, but using the SBT along with sopcinfo does not work.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can (and probably should) script the SOPC Builder generation. That's what I advocate anyway. I doubt it's going to get better over the next few releases...with Qsys being new and all. 

Cheers, 

slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Luckily one if the other guys is working in Linux. That fixed it.  

Apus
0 Kudos