Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Problems to ping on Simple Socket Server w/ DP83848

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I've managed to get the simple socket server working (at least, booting) with DP83848 PHY chip on Bemicro SDK board. I removed DHCP to get connected via a crossover cable to my PC and added a 1 second interval incrementing counter printed on the console as a lower priority task to see if the thing is alive during tests. 

IP of the board : 192.168.1.234 

IP of my PC : 192.168.1.235 

GW : 192.168.1.1 

Subnet M : 255.255.255.0 

When I ping from my pc to 192.168.1.234, I have no more response from the board - that is my timer stops counting, at least something goes on. I'm also unable to telnet to the ip and this also makes the timer stop. 

On a different note, when I just leave the board up and running, it can reboot by itself after a few seconds or keep counting forever (max an hour for opencores limitation). Could this be related? 

I'm basically just looking for a way to communicate with TCP socket or UDP, as simple as possible. Any clues where I should start looking? 

I attached a screenshot of the Nios II Console from Eclipse (I'm unable to copy text from it). 

Thanks, JC
0 Kudos
0 Replies