Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

Downloading ELF Process failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

previously my Nios was working, but it suddenly come out with such a error(downloading elf process failed) although i try it with a very simple nios system with just consist of on chip memory and nios2. 

already reinstalled the quartus and eds twice. 

i try with difference system(sdram,flash) and change another DE1, but same error encountered. 

what should i do to resolve this problem. 

my system: 

windows xp 

quartus 10.1 web edition 

NIOS2 EDS 10.1 

DE1 

thank you in advance
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Based on what I see in the error.bmp it is failing on download. 

SBT download the elf file, but on verification, it could not confirm that the correct data was downloaded into the onchipmem. 

Most likely this happens when your design does not meet timing. 

Since you mentioned that it was working, then what I can think of is change of temperature, FPGA get heated up, device broken, and so on... 

You might want to double check the board setting as well.  

If you are using correct source of clock, power is given correctly, etc.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have no idea what is going on of my design!!! 

i uninstalled the 10.1 version and installed with the latest 10.1 sp1, then re-configure the nios same as previous design, but it worked. 

anyway, thanks for you replied
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

i have no idea what is going on of my design!!! 

i uninstalled the 10.1 version and installed with the latest 10.1 sp1, then re-configure the nios same as previous design, but it worked. 

anyway, thanks for you replied 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi,  

I'm having the same problem. So urs worked on 10.1 SP1? If so, is it the free or full version?
0 Kudos