Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Library auk_dspip_lib not found. thanks

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I designed a system with FIR compilier . now. 

When I simulate the whole system using EDA RTL Simulation, I see this error below in modelsim. 

# ** Error: E:/Altera/Test_V80/IP/FIR/fir_ast.vhd(32): Library auk_dspip_lib not found.# ** Error: E:/Altera/Test_V80/IP/FIR/fir_ast.vhd(33): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "auk_dspip_lib".# ** Error: E:/Altera/Test_V80/IP/FIR/fir_ast.vhd(36): VHDL Compiler exiting# ** Error: D:/modeltech_6.5c/win32/vcom failed. 

how do i solve it? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my guess is that you are simulating the source HDL which is encrypted. make sure you are generating the simulation netlist, and use the <fir_variation_name>.vho/.vo in your simulation instead of the the FIR library source files

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the problem. It appears to be a bug in a script somewhere that breaks when your FIR variation is in a sub-directory. For some reason putting it into a sub-directory includes *both* the .v and the .vo in the Modelsim .do file. Modelsim then chokes on the .v file. 

Workaround: Move your generated megafunction files back to the main project folder. This correctly only puts the .vo into the .do file. 

Strangely it doesn't seems to affect other megafunctions, such as Reed Solomon don't choke on the .v file, although it's still in the .do file when created in a sub-directory. 

I've lodged a service request : 10809644
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Got e-mail confirming this bug. No date for a fix yet.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You must got the wrong name of FIR inst. change the module example's name from fir_ast to fir. you can try it

0 Kudos