Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

BoardTestSystem.exe hang with no response

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

We are trying with MAX V development kit. To avoid compatibility between BoardTestSystem.exe and Quartus version, we use the a bit old 10.1 web edition of Quartus. 

As seen, on our 64bit win7: 

1. the quartus folder has both bin and bin64 subdirectory.  

2. the USB-blaster has been installed  

3. the boardtestsystem GUI could launch. However, there is message “Connecting to the target board... No USB Blaster detectezd. Please check connections and restart the program.”  

The kit is newly bought and the blue power indicator LED is on. 

What should we do to make the BoardTestSystem functions work? 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13285&stc=1  

Greg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't understand why you are using such an old version of Quartus. You could try installing just a current version of the Quartus Programmer to see if you can connect to the board (http://dl.altera.com/?product=qprogrammer#tabs-4). Also, there may be jumpers or switches on the board that must be set a certain way. Check those.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

He is using it because those "board test" applications only work if you have installed the exact same version of Quartus that they used. It makes it a real pain and I don't understand why they didn't do something with systemconsole instead. It would be a lot more universal and flexible. 

I think you'd be better off directly trying some sample designs instead of wasting time trying to make the board test application work.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That's not true. I have 16.1 Pro installed and the board test system app for my Arria 10 dev kit works fine (board was released with 15.1).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You've been lucky then. I know that the one with the Cyclone V Soc kit doesn't (tested here) and I've heard about other kits that had the same problem.

0 Kudos