Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

OEM Graphic Design Entry and interconnection with Synthesizer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have an application were an enduser would need to be able to program/reconfigure a FPGA by the mean of a GUI. 

The GUI could be OEM or custom made, yet the logic would be fairly simple and would require only a few function blocks (standard logical gates and timers). Once the program is made in the graphic interface, the user could synthesize and program the FPGA from the PC application. The later process would need to be done in the background, yet translate status and errors to the PC application. Once programmed, the system can run in standalone by using the programmed FPGA. 

The GUI application would be very similar to a schematic entry software, yet it would be adapted and simplified to only support a limited amount of function blocks. 

I noticed that there are some companies that provide C to HDL converters, but I am more looking at a GUI / Netlist to HDL converter. 

Here are a few questions relevant to this application: 

1) Do you know of any third party that has such OEM GUI ? 

2) Do you know of any netlist or file standards that would be compatible with the synthesizer for the current application ? 

3) Any thought on the feasibility of such projects ? It must be feasible since FPGA schematic entry exists. 

4) Do you have any references of similar application or projects ? 

Thank you all, 

Best regards, 

Roger
0 Kudos
0 Replies