Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

PLL error - help please

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using EP3C25F256. I need to synchronize an internal 30MHz clock with an external 10MHz clock. In order to do so I'm using a PLL which will multiply the 10MHz input by 3 thus resulting with a 30MHz clock which will be used instead of the current 30MHz clock. By doing this I assume that the 10MHz and 30MHz clocks will be synchronized (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm using a dedicated CLK pin as the PLL input. When I compile the code, i get the following error: 

Error: Clock input port inclk[0] of PLL "pll_mf:pll|altpll:altpll_component|pll_mf_altpll:auto_generated|pll1" must be driven by a non-inverted input pin or another PLL, optionally through a Clock Control block 

Info: Input port INCLK[0] of node "pll_mf:pll|altpll:altpll_component|pll_mf_altpll:auto_generated|pll1" is not connected 

How can I fix it? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like you're not using an appropriate dedicated clock input. Check the clock wiring schematic for the EP3 and if you still think you're doing the right thing, try nailing the PLL that you think you're using down using a placement assignment.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

They may have the same frequency but their pos edges may not coincide!!

0 Kudos