Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Help Please: FFT Simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having a lot of trouble simulating a streaming architecture FFT megacore using the vector wave simulation. I'm using the FFT user guide and avalon interface specification as a reference.  

At one point after several packets, source_ready and source_valid were asserted, followed by a source_error 3 I think. That is the closest I have come to getting an output stream. 

While simulating I've asserted subtle differences to the signals in responce the the errors, I attached an image of one of the VWF simulations for reference. The input is arbitrary. Anyone think its a problem internally with the FFT? Help is really appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Here's the jpg

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Your signals sink_sop and sink_eop are high for too long, they should be high for only one clock cycle (look at figure 3-4 of the user guide for example). 

Jérôme
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, good eye 

that takes of my streaming errors. Can you look at this screen shot for me? After taking it I offset the clock so my sop and eop trigger on the rising edge, but still getting errors. I don't know why sink ready goes low and source ready and source valid only go high for that time. The quick error where source eop spikes twice was 3 I believe. 

Thanks, I feel like I'm chasing my tail in circles, I'm using this for a senior project and I need to make sure I can use the FFT. 

-Sam
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

woops stupid error please disregard the last post I have an output now. 

My apologies thanks for the help
0 Kudos