Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Can't create new Qsys system file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello to all: 

I'm learning Nios II CPU for Altera FPGA and want to do some tutorial examples. So I downloaded Altera installer and followed its instructions to install Quartus II 11.0 web edition for windows. My OS is windows vista. The installation has no problem. But when I opened the softerware and clicked "file->New->Qsys system file", there is nothing happened. I can not see Qsys GUI. It seems I can not create Qsys file but I can create files of any other types. I have reinstalled Quartus softerware for three times, however, the problem is the same. Does anyone have any advices for this problme? 

Regards, 

simon
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i use Subscription Edition but File > New > Qsys works fine. can you launch Qsys from the toolbar or Tools menu?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

i use Subscription Edition but File > New > Qsys works fine. can you launch Qsys from the toolbar or Tools menu? 

--- Quote End ---  

No, I can not launch from toolbar and tools menu either. But when I use Quartus II 10.1sp1 sbuscription editon, I can launch Qsys sucessfully. So I think the problem may be related to the editon of the software.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe running from the command line will give you a clue: 

Start > Run > cmd 

then 

cd c:\altera\11.0\quartus\sopc_builder\bin 

then 

qsys-edit.exe
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At last I find where is the problem. I must install quartus II 11.0 in C disk. After I reinstalled it in C disk, qsys works well. But still thanks all the replies.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

that is strange, my installation is actually on d: and it works fine

0 Kudos