Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16599 Discussions

Quartus II synthesis error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to quartus design flow. i invoked .qpf file using quartus II(v9.1). it is giving the following error when i try to synthesis. the design is having nios II system also. 

Error: Can't find Memory Initialization File or Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File /u2/design/Quartus_4_port_ethernet/epcs_controller_boot_rom.hex for ROM instance  

Error: Can't elaborate user hierarchy "nios_1:\nios_gen:cpu|epcs_controller:the_epcs_controller|altsyncram:the_boot_copier_rom|altsyncram_1s31:auto_generated" 

Error: Quartus II Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 145 warnings 

Error: Peak virtual memory: 324 megabytes 

Error: Processing ended: Fri Jun 17 10:37:45 2011 

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:19 

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:17 

It is giving some error in SOPC builder also.  

The following is the error message from SOPC builder. 

"can't find the modules ISP1362 and bus_interface_0". But it is available in the project folder.Please note am not created new project. I invoked the old one. 

can you please help on this. thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have a /u2/design/Quartus_4_port_ethernet/epcs_controller_boot_rom.hex file? 

Are your modules in the project's ip folder? If not I think they need to be added to the SOPC search paths. 

It could be because some static paths have been used and your project is now in a different path.
0 Kudos