Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Tcl error while generating functional simulation Netlist

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I was trying the generate the "General Functional Simulation Netlist" and I got this error message as below 

Error: Tcl error: can't unset "::quartus(qip_path)" no such element in error while executing 

"unset::quartus(qip_path)" 

What is the error message telling me?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have .qip files in your design? (Quartus IP files). They basically bundle all the IP files(i.e. I'm looking at a QSYS project with over 50 files, all added this way so the user doesn't have to manually manage them). If you look inside, the syntax used is something like so: 

set_global_assignment -name VERILOG_FILE [file join $::quartus(qip_path) submodules/pci.v] 

The $ does variable substitution in Tcl. So $::quartus(qip_path) substitutes the hierarchy path to the .qip file. So wherever the user has the .qip file, as long as there is a /submodules/pci.v from it, it will find it. It allows all the IP to be bundled, moved around, added to other projects, etc. 

In Tcl unset removes the value of a variable.  

So what is your error from? I have no idea. : ) 

But hopefully that an help debug. Look in the .qip files for an unset. Does the design compile normally?
0 Kudos