Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Building for Nios without using the Nios II command shell

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

I am currently automating a rather complex build system and need to be able to build for multiple targets (including the much hated Xilinx :) ). 

I am having an issue where I need to have cygwin installed for other builds on the same system but get the following error when I launch a Nios II command shell 

Removing old PATH, because a copy of . cygwin1.dll was found at: . /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/cygwin1.dll . You can remove or rename it to avoid conflict.  

This resets my Path and stops me picking up some tools that are not in the build directory. Platform is windows :( but I have no choice in this. 

From what I can see the only solution is to rename my current install of cygwin (something I don't want to do). Does anyone know another way around this? 

or 

does anyone know how I can build for Nios without using the nios II command shell? i.e use normal windows cmd shell and set up any variables I require? 

thanks, 

G
0 Kudos
0 Replies