Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

USB blaster driver with quartus 11.0 on windows 7 32bit system

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

can anybody Please let me know from where can i download USB blaster driver for windows 7 , 32bit system. I just installed quartus 11.0 and connected the board to the computer but I dont have the drivers for USB blaster for windows 7 32bit system. Please guide me  

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If u have paid edition then drivers have path as below: 

<Installation Directory>\altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster\x32. 

Ex: i have my qaurtus in D drive and in TOOLS folder so my path will be 

D:\TOOLS\altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster\x32 

When u connect first time USB blaster to ur PC,window will pop up 

So you just click to "browse" and direct to that path.Quartus will take driver of USB blaster from that path. 

Hope now u are cleared.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually i have the free version of quatus 11.0 . When i connected my USB for the first time , window detects hardware but it does not demands for the driver. So i need to install the driver for it to move forward.Please give me the possible solution. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have free version then it doesnot provide "hardware support" i think.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The web edition does provide hardware support, as does the programmer install. You should probably get 11.0sp1 in preference to 11.0. 

It doesn't sound as though you got as far as needing any Altera software though. You need to look in the device manager for your USB-Blaster and find out there why windows didn't ask for a driver.
0 Kudos