Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16610 Discussions

Cannot import uClinux to Nios II IDE (Eclipse)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i'm trying to import the uClinux-dist to Nios2 IDE (eclipse) like the Altera Wiki says alterawiki.com/wiki/Nios_II_IDE

But I have some troubles in the second step, importing the uClinux dist. 

When I try to finish the import, an error message came saying: 

Failed to import project 

Reason: Makefile is not Software Build Tools compatible 

And the console says: 

Executing: nios2-app-update-makefile --app-dir . --get-all --show-names (C:\Users\Augus\Desktop\uClinux-dist) 

SEVERE: null 

java.lang.NullPointerException 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.app_lib.src_editor.MakefileSourceListEditor.processMakefile(MakefileSourceListEditor.java:211) 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.app_lib.src_editor.MakefileSourceListEditor.<init>(MakefileSourceListEditor.java:187) 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.commandline.app_lib.AppUpdateMakefileCommand.getUpdater(AppUpdateMakefileCommand.java:129) 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.commandline.app_lib.AbstractUpdateMakefileCommandLine.execute(AbstractUpdateMakefileCommandLine.java:98) 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.utilities.commandline.AbstractBuildCommandLine.executeCommand(AbstractBuildCommandLine.java:150) 

at com.altera.embeddedsw.commandline.app_lib.AppUpdateMakefileCommand.main(AppUpdateMakefileCommand.java:167) 

SEVERE: nios2-app-update-makefile failed. 

Please, I need help here!!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working on Windows 7!

0 Kudos