Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cyclone IV EP4CGX150 ALTGX Ttransceivers

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I am using Cyclone IV EP4CGX150 in 484-Pin package device. The device has a single High-Speed Transceiver bank-Transceiver Block GXBL0 (Which incleds 4 channles of course). 

I tried to implement two ALTGX transceivers in GXBL0 Transceiver bank (The only high-speed transciever bank avialable in the device):
  1. One ALTGXtransceiver in Basic mode. 

2. One ALTGX transceiver in GBE mode. 

:confused: For some reason the fitter shouts an error massege( "Can't fit atom...DPRIOIN must be fed by the same source..ect.) 

I must say that the desigen was perfectly compiled with each of the transceivers alone. It is only if I tried to implement both when the fitter shouts. Even when I tried NOT to use dynamic-reconfiguration (ALTGX reconfig),just the transceives,it won't let me. 

Is there any problem implementing two seperate ALTGX,in different modes,in the same bank?or is there another known problem which might couse the fitting errors?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi  

it have only one hardware transceiver with 8 chan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when you include both transceivers, how is the reconfig block(s) connected? merging transceivers into a single quad is a difficult process, there's lots that can go wrong

0 Kudos