Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Problems with DDR2 using QSys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello to everyone! I made a system with SOPC using a DDR2 with ALTMEMPHY IP and everything worked fine on SOPC. 

However now i am trying to migrate my system from SOPC to QSys.. and it has been a nightmare to make it work... 

Has anyone made DDR2 w/ ALTMEMPHY on QSys work already? 

I have no compilation problems but it just doesnt work... I have some critical warnings saying it couldnt find pins of type addrcmd (?) matching my pin name...
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A simple system with an ONCHIP-MEMORY works fine but if i add the DDR2 i can't even run NIOS from ONCHIP anymore.. it says it didnt find the SYSID, if i check the box to ignore the verification i get a processor not found / cannot stop the processor error..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is the kind of critical warnings i am having..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I upgraded to Q11 SP1 but the problem persists

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had a similar issue with a DDR2 controller with Uniphy with it not finding my half rate clock. I had been changing a bunch of different setting so I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I ended up creating a new Qsys project from scratch and it cleared the issue. Not sure that's a big help but it's the only thing that got me going again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well i made one from scratch also but the problem persists. Seems like this IP isn't ready for QSys yet.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok it's a QSys bug. You need to fix the Qsys generated topfile and insert output [0:0] wire in odt, cse and ckn signals

0 Kudos