Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

the value of burstcount signal

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Qsys, and I have a naive question about burstcount signal: 

What's the value of burstcount when the typical read and write transfer(not burst transfers) is used? Is it 1? 

regards, 

zhangfeng
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That is correct, to drive a signal beat transaction you post a burst count of 1. If you don't plan on using bursting then you don't need to include the burst count signal.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

That is correct, to drive a signal beat transaction you post a burst count of 1. If you don't plan on using bursting then you don't need to include the burst count signal. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for you reply. 

I did't find this point in Avalon Interface Specification, could you show me some references? 

regards, 

zhangfeng
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Section 3 of the Avalon spec would be the most useful part. Unfortunately the signal table doesn't list what signals are optional anymore. Section 3.5.4 seems to provide the most useful information. If you don't need to burst then simply don't include the burst signal in your master/slave interface.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos