Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

'D:/altera_installer/bin\..\..' does not contain a valid nios2eds installer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am attempting to install the latest Quartus Web Edition v11.0. I downloaded ACDS v11.0 Web Edition DVD (ISO) and verified the md5sum matched. I then fired up the installer and got to the 'Select components' screen. But when I pressed 'Next >' (everything selected), I got: "'D:/altera_installer/bin\..\..' does not contain a valid nios2eds installer" 

I'm stumped. Is the DVD not actually valid? (It's definitely not corrupt.) I am attempting to install on Windows XP SP 3 on Sun VirtualBox. I searched the forums but couldn't find anyone who had a similar problem.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I didn't try this DVD, but isn't the Nios kit on a separate dvd or download? try to unselect NiosII from the list of components to install and download it separately.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The DVD forces me to install NIOS. Actually, I didn't want to use the DVD, so I downloaded the service pack first, but that's not the actual application, and it looks like those downloads are missing.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The error message appears to go away if you deselect all of the legacy components.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I also got the same problem. If I want to install the legacy tool, is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos