Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

when printed "quartus_sh --qhelp" in tcl console,quartus ii occured an error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Error:invalid command name "quartus_sh" 

Error: while executing 

Error:"unknown_original quartus_sh --qhelp" 

Error: ("eval" body line 1) 

Error: invoked from within 

Error:"eval unknown_original $cmd $args" 

Error: (procedure "::unknown" line 7) 

Error: invoked from within 

Error:"quartus_sh --qhelp" 

I checked the packages that loaded and found the package "project" was not loaded yet. I printed "load_package ::quartus:: project -version 6.0 " and got an error again: Error:ERROR: Tcl package "::quartus:: project" does not exist. Specify an available Quartus II Tcl package. Type "help" for a list of available Quartus II Tcl packages. I am new in using tcl and I can't figure this out.  

how can I run executables like quartus_fit, _map and so on in tcl console? 

Any thoughts on this issue are appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I run quartus_sh --qhelp from a command prompt(dos or Unix), not within a Tcl console. I think you can do: 

execute_module -tool fit 

In general, I don't see users running tools within the Tcl console. Instead they do it in scripts that run when the GUI is closed.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much. Now I can run those executables with command prompt(dos). But when I tried to run a script like "quartus_sh -t myscript.tcl " it printed tcl file myscript is not found. Could you please tell me is it necessary to put myscript file under a specified directory, and where is it? If not, what's supposed to be wrong with my work?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I save my .tcl file in the same location as the project and in the command prompt cd to that location. I'm sure there are other solutions(like storing in a common location like c: and just pointing to it from the call)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much! How terrible my windows skill is. My problem is solved at last.

0 Kudos