FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

DE2-115 audio example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

I tried to run the DE2-115 audio example of running and recording audio via audio CODEC chip , by running the batch file. 

It downloads both the sof and elf but i dont see any messages on the LCD , i do get the audio out from LINE OUT . I then tried configuring sof separately and then elf from Nios ide , still i dont see any record counter or messages on the LCD . 

Then i tried to run debug and i could see and control the design as stated . 

But why wont it run after being configured ?? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I also have the same problem. Were you able to solve this? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Tim10
Beginner

I had the same problem.

I solved it like this:

1. Opened the QPF in Intel/Quartus Prime.
  2. Attempted to auto upgrade the IP. It failed, but it advised me to manually do the upgrade in Platform Designer. That worked.
  3. Compiled it.
  4. Downloaded it.

There is also a bug in the batch file. You need to replace the double backslashes \\ with single backslashes \ and you might need to change bin to bin64:

@ REM ###################################### @ REM # Variable to ignore <CR> in DOS @ REM # line endings @ set SHELLOPTS=igncr   @ REM ###################################### @ REM # Variable to ignore mixed paths @ REM # i.e. G:/$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin @ set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning   @%QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin64\quartus_pgm.exe -m jtag -c 1 -o "p;DE2_115_Audio.sof" @ set SOPC_BUILDER_PATH=%SOPC_KIT_NIOS2%+%SOPC_BUILDER_PATH%   @ "%QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin64\cygwin\bin\bash.exe" --rcfile ".\DE2_115_Audio_bashrc" pause

DE2_115_Audio.png

0 Kudos