Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

MAX 10 internal configuration

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I am planning to work with MAX 10 FPGA. I'm new to this. I know how to program external flash but, I don't know programming internal flash using usb (not JTAG). I gone through MAX 10 documents I'm getting confused. Anybody please explain how to access internal flash using usb ? 

Thanks, 

KVL
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

Please provide more details. Are you talking about some Dev. Kit board or you are planing to design your own board with MAX 10 FPGA chip?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can either program the internal FLASH via JTAG or from the MAX 10 device's logic - for which you will need to put a design together that can program the internal FLASH. 

There's no way to directly program the internal FLASH via USB without using JTAG. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm planning to develop my own board with MAX 10 FPGA and planning to configure the internal FLASH through USB.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any article/link related to internal flash configuration for MAX 10 device logic?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

See the "max 10 fpga configuration user guide (https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf)". See the section on 'In-System Programming' on page 2-5. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you @Alex for your response.

0 Kudos