FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

ALTASMI_PARALLEL pin voltage Error!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am getting the following error in Quartus when trying to use the altasmi_parallel megafunction with Bank 1 voltage set at 3.3V. Anyone have this problem? 

Error: Pin remote_update:remote_update_inst|asmi:asmi_inst|asmi_altasmi_parallel_bfe2:asmi_altasmi_parallel_bfe2_component|cycloneii_asmiblock3~ALTERA_DCLK is incompatible with I/O bank 1. It uses I/O standard 2.5 V, which has VCCIO requirement of 2.5V. That requirement is incompatible with bank's VCCIO setting or other output or bidirectional pins in the bank using VCCIO 3.3V. 

Info: Pin rf_sw[0] in I/O bank 1 uses VCCIO 3.3V 

Info: Pin rf_sw[1] in I/O bank 1 uses VCCIO 3.3V 

Info: Pin rf_sw[2] in I/O bank 1 uses VCCIO 3.3V 

Extra Info: Device EP4CE75F29I7
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I encountered similar problem. I used Cyclone III's ASMI_PARALLEL megafunction, and the error meassage is as below. 

ASMI_PARALLEL:i_ASMI_PARALLEL|ASMI_PARALLEL_altasmi_parallel_e632:ASMI_PARALLEL_altasmi_parallel_e632_component|cycloneii_asmiblock2~ALTERA_DCLK is incompatible with I/O bank 1. It uses I/O standard 2.5 V, which has VCCIO requirement of 2.5V. That requirement is incompatible with bank's VCCIO setting or other output or bidirectional pins in the bank using VCCIO 3.3V. 

Any idea?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I changed the Default I/O standard to 3.3-V LVCMOS. This is found in the Device and Pin Options under Voltage.