Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Quartus 10.1sp1 and upgraded Eclipse wont debug

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

we run quartus 10.1 sp1 so our projects are backward compatible with hardware designed a year back. the Eclipse package will not enter debug mode, because I justed updated Eclipse from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 using the update button inside eclipse help platform. that is not the problem I get errors in the console error log saying the following: 

The SOPC design does not contain a CPU of a supported architecture 

The CPU module is not set. 

SOPC design not set. 

CPU master group not set. 

all these errors are logged by plugin com.altera.sbtgui.launch.  

problem is previous version of Eclipse gave me these errors, but entered debug mode, new updated version gives me same errors, but does not enter debug mode. Where do I set or configure these settings?? 

:evil: 

The actuall error that pops up in windows says: 

"Error Creating Session" 

{R,T}x Thread terminated 

and then it says the errors listed above 

Also in the Console window it says: 

Using cable "USB-Blaster [USB-1]", device 1, instance 0x00 

Processor is already paused 

Reading System ID at address 0x00002000: verified 

Listening on port 51682 for connection from GDB: 59s58s57s56s55s54s53s52s51s50s49s48s47s46s45s44s43s42s41s40s39s 

and it will Run doing Run as NIOSII Hardware, but it will not debug doing Debug as NIOSII Hardware??
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you found any solution to these problems ? 

I have similar problems and have followed leads on the Eclipse site that suggest it may be because I am working on a Windows 7 64bit computer. 

cheers, 

BEAU
0 Kudos