Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

64bit linux port of jam byte-code player

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to port the 32bit linux jam-byte code player to 64bit linux. I think that I'm lost is all the size changes of longs, unsigned longs etc. since I seem to be able to do some operations just fine by replacing unsigned long with unsigned int. Verify works and I thought that would be a stringent test, but I can't program and I seem to get stuck in erasing when programming an epc8 device, but I can do a blankcheck and I get the device ID fine and the file crc is ok. Is there a 64bit port where someone has gone through all the subtleties? I unfortunately need the source (e.g. jbimain.cc etc.). Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is working for me now on Scientific Linux 5. Here is my procedure: 

- replace unsigned long with unsigned int 

- declare uint64_t_count and uint64_t_index explicitly in jbijtag.h 

- declaring the stack[] int instead of long (the -1 was getting screwed up in the stack) in jbimain 

- You may also need to play with your delay function. In SL5 the looping was optimized so the delay was an enormous number of loops, so I modified the loop function so it would not be optimized
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I come to this problem right now. just same as your solution. Can you tell me what is uint64_t_count and uint64_t_index used for? Thx:)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Currently I'm porting JAM STAPL player to 64bit platform. I did follow above procedures expect for jbijtag.h changes as I quite didn't understand that part. Still I'm unable to program the EPLD. Has anyone had success with porting? If so can you please let me know how you achieved that? 

-Mani
0 Kudos