Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

File Permissions

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a working system using Quartus 11.1sp2 and SOPC Builder. I have successfully built and tested the design using the GUI and I am now creating a makefile to script the build process. 

While the GUI runs fine, when I attempt to run quartus_map from the command line in Cygwin, it bombs on file permssions.  

My design has a DDR3 memory controller. A majority of the the related DDR3 MC files generated by SOPC Builder have appropriate permissions, there are a few that show up in Cygwin with no read or write permssions at all. The files are there and the GUI uses them fine, but apparently the command line invocation of the tools obeys the file permissions. 

Anybody have any idea how to fix this short of manually updating the file permissions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It turns out that running SOPC Builder from the command line results in those incorrect file permissions. If I run SOPC Builder from the Quartus menu, the file permissions are correct and the rest of the build works from the command line.

0 Kudos