Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Error: Unsupported family: MAX3000A. Error: Unsupported family: MAX3000A

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using quartus II 32-bit version 11.1 build 259 01/25/2012 web edition and went to compile and at the end it gave me the error that my chip family is not supported. Is this correct or do i need to just install some other package to fix this? 

Thank you, 

Sheldon
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Legacy devices were dropped with Quartus version 9.1, You will need to install Q9.0 to compile for this device.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i'm not sure about that 

the Release Notes and Web Edition Comparison both show "All MAX devices" as supported, and i see MAX3000A in 11.1sp2 Subscription Edition
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the 9.0 version and set up my project the same way and it compiled with out that issue. I'm not sure if 11.1 stopped supporting the MAX3000A or not but I do know that Version 9.0 does work. 

I would like to use the newest version, if there is any other reason it might not work please let me know. 

Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes. It appears Altera dropped several legacy devices, (Max 3000A, original Cyclone's etc) from the webpack, even though they are still supported in the licensed version 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the Cyclone is listed as being no longer supported, but not the MAX. i guess they need to fix the doc: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/po/ss_quartussevswe.pdf
0 Kudos