Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

error : selected device has 126 RAM location(s) of type M9k.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I made the signal with NCO IP. We then testbench the signal. First, I added .sip and .qip files to the project and compiled the following code. But I got an error and I do not know why. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13968&stc=1  

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13969&stc=1
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The device you're targeting doesn't have enough memory resources to implement the IP you're instantiating. Try compiling it for a larger device. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The device you're targeting doesn't have enough memory resources to implement the IP you're instantiating. Try compiling it for a larger device. 

Cheers, 

Alex 

--- Quote End ---  

BUT chip of my FPGA device is EP4CE40F23C7. what is the bigger than this. AND IS it Ok to change the device in quartus?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

BUT chip of my FPGA device is EP4CE40F23C7. what is the bigger than this. AND IS it Ok to change the device in quartus? 

--- Quote End ---  

If that is your chip, then the IP you have created will not fit into it, and you will either need to modify the IP or buy a new device.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If that is your chip, then the IP you have created will not fit into it, and you will either need to modify the IP or buy a new device. 

--- Quote End ---  

Can i modify NCO IP to usage of RAM?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Can i modify NCO IP to usage of RAM? 

--- Quote End ---  

You certainly can. I believe you have entered excessive figures for lut size (phase resolution). try 2^10 fr phase, 2^10 for amplitude.
0 Kudos