Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Quartus 9 or 10 download for cyclone i

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where can I get the Quartus 9 or 10 installer? 

I want to recompile a project for a Cyclone i device, but Cyclone i is not supported in 11. 

I went to the Altera ftp for old releases: (had to fragment - can't post links yet) 

ftp . altera . com/outgoing/releases 

but I can't see which file is the main installer - I can only see components (like programmer or modelsim etc). 

Can anyone give me an exact link? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like they removed the web-packs from the ftp server. I would open a my-support case, and see if they will give it to you. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For some reason, Altera wants you now to request previous Quartus versions by E-mail. There's a link on the download page.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i also noticed the FTP content has changed

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can download old releases here: 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release/ 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, no reply from Altera today when I requested Quartus 10. 

I don't understand why this has gone under lock and key...  

without quartus 10 or earlier you can't use cyclone i. Yes, it's a 10 year old product, but they are still marketing it on the website - so this is very confidence diminishing move for me in using an Altera device in a design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You can download old releases here: 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release/ 

Cheers, 

Dave 

--- Quote End ---  

they have recently been removed. look for a 9.1 installer
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'll ask the Altera people manning their booth why they've removed these files. I'll post their response later today. 

--- Quote End ---  

I talked to someone that indicated he'll talk to the person responsible for the FTP site. I'll post an update if I get an update via email. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Dave (I'm actually in the area myself but I was not at the conference). 

My email request for quartus 10 has gone nowhere. So I have sourced it from 'somewhere else'... you gotta do what you gotta do. Kinda mad I'm in this situation. :mad:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm actually in the area myself but I was not at the conference. 

--- Quote End ---  

Great, if we do not get a response, we can have you beat on the door at 101 Innovation Drive! 

--- Quote Start ---  

My email request for quartus 10 has gone nowhere. So I have sourced it from 'somewhere else'... you gotta do what you gotta do. Kinda mad I'm in this situation. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, I was annoyed when I could not get 9.0sp2 for rebuilding some FLEX/ACEX designs. It was only after either Tricky or thepancake posted the FTP site that I was able to download it. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

But it looks like the corresponding versions of Modelsim and Nios II aren't available from the web site, you need to look for them on the ftp server. They are really not making things easy!

0 Kudos