Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

CRC_ERROR pin on DE2 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

I enabled the error detection CRC in the device and pin options dialog box mentioned in AN 357. But how to find CRC_ERROR pin on DE2 board.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check schematics.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ptangella42, 

Please post your question in one sub forum only. 

Posintg to multiple sections is not a desired by the host. 

If you get the excel spreadsheet for the part on the DE-2 board, you will be able to find the pin for that function. 

I believe it is a 2C35 in the F672 package, in which case it will be pin B2. 

A quick search of the DE-2 users manual reveals that that pin is already assigned to be a user function related to OTG_DACK1_N doing ISP1362 DMA Acknowledge 1. 

You might not be able to access that function in the part as mounted on the board. 

You will need to work through the schematic as previously suggested by Socrates. 

cheers. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thankq, But how to read the CRC pin from the USB device.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I will be more clear. 

If after you do all this discovery and determine that in fact the USB is already using the pin that you are looking to use, 

then; 

you will NOT be able to use that pin to look at the CRC_ERROR condition (and should not set the tools to do that). 

Make sense?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi  

Thanks for your replies 

Thorough the replied in my post "" I came to understand that I have to check the schematic to find out the crcerror pin. I found that it is pin 29 of U31(ISP1362) on the DE2 board. 

just for the clarification, do I need to use oscilloscope to check the staus of the crc error pin or is there any other way of doing it?
0 Kudos