Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

How to obtain a license for Quartus II 7.2 subscription edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I am wondering how to obtain a license for Quartus II 7.2 subscription edition? Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am wondering how to obtain a license for Quartus II 7.2 subscription edition? Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

You just need a subscription edition license. The version does not matter. 

For example, I have 9.0SP2, 10.1, 11.0, and 11.1sp1 installed on one machine with a full subscription edition license. 

You commented that you are working on a thesis in another thread. Are you aware that your professor can request a subscription license from the Altera University Program? 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave, 

Unfortunately, 99% of my project was implemented into schematics. Is it possible to convert them from 7.2 to recent version? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Unfortunately, 99% of my project was implemented into schematics. Is it possible to convert them from 7.2 to recent version? 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't know. I don't use schematics for HDL design. They're a little too limited. 

My recommendation would be to install 11.1sp1 or 11.1sp2 and try reading the design. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave, 

Thank you, Dave. I really appreciate your advice.
0 Kudos