Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Supress Eclipse command "gdb-set auto-solib-add"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a remote connection to a target running a nios2 processor with uClinux distribution over TCP/IP under the control of Eclipse-CDT. nios2-linux-uclibc-gdb debugger doesn't support set auto-solib-add command. So when I start the application Eclipse (among other commands) sends: gdb-set auto-solib-add on command to the debugger and it responds with an error,msg="no symbol \"auto\" in current context." That causes launch to fail.  

I tryed to reset "Load shared library automatically" flag under run->debug configurations...->c/c++ remote application->debugger->shared libraries. But it sends the same command with gdb-set auto-solib-add off and runs into the same error. 

The same question were posted Stackoverflow.com (-> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13646357/eclipse-cdt-how-to-suppress-some-gdb-commands (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13646357/eclipse-cdt-how-to-suppress-some-gdb-commands)) and it suggests that it comes from the final launch sequence of Eclipse, so the command sequence cannot be supressed easily. The post on stackflow doesn't help me. Any idea how to influence Eclipse. 

eclipse-cdt: kepler 

quartus 16.1 

debugger: nios2-linux-libc-gdb 

Many thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

nios2-linux-uclibc-gdb debugger doesn't support set auto-solib-add command. 

--- Quote End ---  

It seems that nios2-linux-uclibc-gdb is based on GNU gdb version 6.1 which doesn't support the auto-solib-add option. How can I compile a new version of nios2-linux-uclibc-gdb based on GNU gdb 7.x ?  

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated? Many thanks. 

eclipse-cdt: mars 

quartus 10.1 

debugger: nios2-linux-libc-gdb version 6.1
0 Kudos