Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Avalon MM Master templates + QDRII SRAM controller in Qsys and Stratix IV

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Here is the problem I've run into while trying to use QDRII SRAM interface (AValon-enabled) in Qsys with Aletra's MM master read/write templates: 

I've used Altera's Avalon MM master temaplates for read and write, and instantiated the QDRII controller in Qsys. The sims run correctly for both reads and writes, but when I go to hadware, write transactions still complete (not sure if the write actually happens but, at least, the master asserts 'control done) but reads never return (control_done signal goes low upon asserting read 'go' and never goes high again). I suspect the waitrequest from the fabric is staying high forever. Any clues?  

The fifos are defined size 32 (someone had an issue with size '4'). In the sims the interface takes a while to complete calibration, but it's a blink of an eye in real time and I definitely wait longer than that before initiating any transaction. 

I'm a complete novice in this matter and only got into this whole Avalon mess because I needed to be able to use QDRII on our test board and Avalon seems to be the only way to control it with the tools that I have.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hi, 

here is the problem i've run into while trying to use qdrii sram interface (avalon-enabled) in qsys with aletra's mm master read/write templates: 

I've used altera's avalon mm master temaplates for read and write, and instantiated the qdrii controller in qsys. The sims run correctly for both reads and writes, but when i go to hadware, write transactions still complete (not sure if the write actually happens but, at least, the master asserts 'control done) but reads never return (control_done signal goes low upon asserting read 'go' and never goes high again). I suspect the waitrequest from the fabric is staying high forever. Any clues?  

The fifos are defined size 32 (someone had an issue with size '4'). In the sims the interface takes a while to complete calibration, but it's a blink of an eye in real time and i definitely wait longer than that before initiating any transaction. 

I'm a complete novice in this matter and only got into this whole avalon mess because i needed to be able to use qdrii on our test board and avalon seems to be the only way to control it with the tools that i have. 

--- Quote End ---  

how did you read and write in to qdr2+???
0 Kudos